понедельник, 8 июня 2015 г.

Day 1

Day 1.

HERE IS MY REFLECTION ON THE FIRST DAY

Trainings are very important for my professional growing. I believe, I am a long-life- learner, so it is really essensial for me. So, training with Debby Lee is a great opportunity for me to develop.
 5-days training about on-line teaching supported by the American Embassy. 
I like feeling of beeing the students, so try to be a good student and do all task in time.  

To start with, I'd like to show some pictures - TALKING PICTURES were made with http://www.fotobabble.com


One of my own aim was to observe the way of conducting workshop in the computer class. From the very beginning Debby  explained us that she prefers friendly un-official style of comunication. And it really works. It helps to engage everybody. Generally speaking, during the first part of the training  Debby were giving  us some really useful tips how to moderate on-line discussion.

First of all, INTRODUCTION. It was a nice hook to start our introduction before starting the training. For sure, we are training to teach on-line - we have to know different tricks to motivate participants.   As a rezult we have already known each other and BINGO introduction game was the perfect implementation of this knowledge. (It also showed that Debby was carefully read all our 50 posts).
Another activity for introduction was TRUE-FALSE game. It makes us to stand up, hang around, find partners and tell them 2 correct sentences and 1 wrong sentence about us. Partner had to guess where was False.
I believe it is a great game for self-introduction. It can be also used at my school practice for any level. Students can write sentences in different grammar form and ask where is Past Simple, for example. Writing and reading,  speaking and listening - all skills are practicing at the same time.  

Secondly, after some teoretical part (which was quite useful, but boring a little - sorry. ) we started to speak about PRACTICAL acpect . We named different applications, which people have known or used in their practice.
You can look at the table with them in this Google Doc >>>>>>>

The last, but not the least part was EXPLORATION of new platforms for on-line courses.
nicenet+ - I know it from my E-teacher course at Oregon University

wiggio - for group work
canvas - we use it with Debby right now
https://www.edmodo.com/ - I use it with my disabled students
https://www.schoology.com/home - Absolutely new for me, that's why I decided to play with it.

We were working in a group of five - learning how to work at schoolology platform. We created the virtual class, tried how to add new memebers, create materials, grade, upload and download resourses, etc. 
It was superb! We were working even after the finishing of the first day training. 
Probably, I will use it with my 8th graders at school next school year!!!

  

2 комментария:

  1. NIce! I like the fotobabble audio overview of the day and the links you provide to the different course components. You doing this shows other teachers what they can do, especially since you have made your blog public.

    It is okay if you think the theory part was boring. I made it as short as I could (you really don't want to know how long I can talk e-learning theories)!

    I also like the way you are taking ideas and considering how to implement them in your other classes--always a good thing to do.

    Now, answer a question for me. You teach online for disabled students. Will you change anything about the way you teach them? Why or why not?

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. I willl answer in my next reflection post - DAY2

    ОтветитьУдалить