вторник, 9 июня 2015 г.

Day 2 reflection

Tuesday, the 9th of June.
Day 2.

We were presenting about schoolology.com. Watch our presentation here >>>>
The difficulty was -TIME LIMIT.
Honestly, I have never spoken only for one minute.
Look at this cruel woman
As Benjamin Franklin said: " If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter". 
So, the same story  is with me. But time limit is a great experience. Now, I know how to teach my secondary school students to be short during their oral presentations. Showing cards is something new for me. 
We had 5 groups and I saw that all participants were worring about time management. Nevertheless, our group was one of the best (I guess), maybe because we've created Google slides with lots of screen shots and simple explanations, which we wrote yesterday in shared Google doc. 
To my wonder, not so many participants have known Google docs before. Also one of the reason of our succusesful presentation was a choice of the platform. It is true - schoolology.com is the best among all tested platforms.
schoolology.com presentation

Second point of my reflection today is PLANNING of the future course. 
Using Brain storming activity Debby made us to predict what we are going to do during the year in project.  
Oh, yes. With my brain I understand - it is really important. But in practice...I always don't have time for planning, creating some tables, etc. During summer holidays I am preparing some planning for the first semester, but in the second... mostly I am only promising to myself to finish it. 
I have to admitt - it is my really the biggest weak spot. And, this is one of the things which I would change in my course for disabled people. (Debby was asking me about it).

As a rezult of brain storming we had a list of different skills, which students have to get during project. Debby divided us into groups and were EXPLORING the platform for the distance learning and teaching schoolology.com. 
I was lucky, because we have already used it yesterday.
 
Our task was to explore and find the solution how to develop different skills, which we were planning before. 
Collaborative work at the site and in Google doc was not very productive. We couldn't find how to make groups during video-conferences. We tried different tools but no results. Instead finding solution which were given to our group we discoverd more and more other functions of schoolology.com
I felt myself as a treasure hunter or detective. 
Alla is really engaged

Try to explain again


Playing with schoolology.com



3 комментария:

  1. Treasure hunter or detective...yes, I am sure that is how it feels. I think I just do that automatically now.

    I think all of the groups did a great job with their presentations yesterday. Even though this is an intensive course, the time for the course is limited.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. Thank you, Ruslana for sharing. It was very interesting

    ОтветитьУдалить